Sunday, August 22, 2010

Messy

I'm working on expecting the messy-ness of life. Knowing that life isn't supposed to be perfect..and that we're never actually meant to "arrive" really gets me down in the dumps sometimes. I'm starting to learn, though, that it's not about avoiding the mess, but more about how you clean them up...and who you let help. Sometimes the messes require a dust mop and a a little cleaner...others require a shop-vac and a hazmat suit.


Seriously.


The great thing is...the clean up is happening a little easier these days...despite my stubborn will. Somehow God accepts me in my mess...and starts cleaning it up well before I decide to put my suit on and join in. Somehow I think that He would finish it up even if I refused to unfold my arms or to retreat from my dusty corner. And then He would dump the mess in the trash, gingerly walk over to me, and sit with me until I trusted His love again.


That God.


He's a keeper.


:)


No comments:

Post a Comment