Thursday, April 28, 2011

Blessings

Ok...I know my posting is getting a little out of hand...but I'm just making up for lost time.

I've been thinking about this song a lot this year, and I've been wanting to post it on here for a while.

I heard it in the middle of a really terrible week when I thought everything I'd ever known was all just a big fat lie. I was sick of my marriage...my friends...my family...where we live...my job...and to add to all the gloom and doom...the weather had been gray and dreary for weeks. Each day I would plead for God to just fix it all. To make me and my life better so that I could just function.

All day, I'd been running around like a crazy person trying to get everything done for everyone who needed it--and finally I was speeding down the highway to get to Wildwood so I could babysit my niece and nephews. Of course, construction on 270 delayed me when I would've otherwise been on time..and I HATE ALWAYS BEING LATE!!

I was absolutely spent.

And then this song came on the radio...just as the sun was setting through the breaking clouds. Truly, a marvelous sight to behold. The most eloquent words I could produce for you right now could not describe the overwhelming sense of the peace of God's presence with me at that very moment. All of a sudden, I just knew everything was going to be ok.

Nothing was solved, of course, but I was definitely not alone.

Slowly, a lone tear trickled from my right eye (it always starts with that one...)...and before I knew it I was bawling so hard I missed my exit. I had to drive all the way to Six Flags so I could turn around and catch the correct highway.
 
I hope the words of this song are encouraging to wherever you are right now...

And if you've already heard it a thousand times...thanks for humoring me anyway:)

Blessings



by Laura Story
We pray for blessings,
We pray for peace,
Comfort for family,
Protection while we sleep.
We pray for healing,
Prosperity.
We pray for your mighty hand,
To ease our suffering.

And all the while,
You hear each spoken need--
Your love is way too much to give us lesser things.

What if your blessings come through raindrops?
What if your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know you’re near?
What if trials of this life are your mercies in disguise?

We pray for wisdom,
Your voice to hear,
We cry in anger when we cannot feel you near.
We doubt your goodness,
We doubt your love,
As if every promise from your word is not enough.

And all the while
You hear each desperate plea
And long that we’d have faith to believe.

What if your blessings come through raindrops?
What if your healing comes through tears?
What if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know you’re near?
What if trials of this life are your mercies in disguise?

When friends betray us,
When darkness seems to win, we know
The pain reminds this heart that this is not our home.

What if your blessings come through raindrops?
What if your healing comes through tears?
And what if a thousand sleepless nights are what it takes to know you’re near?

What if my greatest disappointments
Or the aching of this life
Are the revealing of a greater thirst this world can’t satisfy?
And what if trials of this life--
The rain, the storms, the hardest nights--
Are your mercies in disguise?

No comments:

Post a Comment