Friday, September 3, 2010

It Don't Mean a Thing...

Yesterday was my 28th birthday, and, as sad as it is to say, I think I've hit that point in life where birthdays really don't mean a whole lot anymore. Sure, it's exciting to get the random "happy bday!!" texts and even the awkward calls from parents...but I just don't get all revved up for it like I used to. It also makes me feel kinda bad when someone forgets--figures out that they forgot--and then calls frantically to aplogize about forgetting. It's really not that big of a deal, folks...

What was super fun about this year's celebration, however, was the swing dance lesson my husband arranged for us to take last night. It was just us and a fabulous German lady for an entire hour. She was shocked at our ability to pick things up so quickly...but I think she was just trying to trick us into signing up for more lessons:)

I thoroughly enjoyed myself...because apparently..I love to dance. Who knew?

You know what else I learned? Partner dancing is sooooo easy if you are a girl.

That is, of course, if you are willing to follow---and I was told that--(now I need you to remember this) *I am a great follower*.

Did you hear that?? I couldn't even believe she said it. Must've fooled her:)

Anyway, we will definitely be returning to that particular studio, but hopefully with more friends in tow. It will be much cheaper...and a whole lot more fun with other people to make fun of.

I'm so nice, right?

Well, I'm off for another weekend...maybe next week I'll be more motivated to write, create, and play music. Oh...and I can't forget all of the folding, scrubbing, organizing, and underwaterbasketweaving that I've also been neglecting. Seriously. It's a good thing I don't live in a big mansion when I can't even keep our apartment picked up. Oh well. When I die...I'm sure there will be some poor soul that will want to clean up my filth...

Again with the niceness... I really need to check my tone.





Or Joel might come and get me. And that would be scary. Be nice, Joel. Be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment