Thursday, August 4, 2011

Go to bed already!

My eyelids are globbing shut....my body is silently pleading for cozy pj's...my ears are absorbing the faintest peep and magnifying it into dolby surround sound...

Trials of the day slurring through my memory so fast I can barely hold on...

I think it's time to rest.

To give up...

go to bed...

and start anew with the early morning light.

Well....

Maybe the semi-early light.



"I remember my affliction and my wandering,
the bitterness and the gall.
I well remember them,
and my soul is downcast within me.
Yet this I call to mind
and therefore I have hope:

Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed,
For his compassions never fail.
They are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
I say to myself, “The Lord is my portion;
therefore I will wait for him.”

Lamentations 3:19-24

No comments:

Post a Comment