Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Friendly Face

I don't know what it is about me...and I'm certainly not complaining...but I tend to attract people (and customers) who are just ready to unload their life stories. It happened on the El in Chicago. It happens with parents of students. It especially happens everyday in the store. And...I absolutely love it. I LOVE the fact that certain women feel so at home around me that they will tell me the most intimate details of their lives (within reason, of course..) after only knowing them for about 5 minutes! It happened tonight, and this customer ended up chatting with me for well over an hour. It was mostly her just venting about her life---kid with aspergers--terrible relationship with her mom--no time to run for her marathon training--living in a city with no family support--the list went on and on. She actually came in to purchase a gift for a baby shower she was attending tonight...but I think the real gift was hers. She just really needed to get a load off of her chest....and I am so glad she found it in our store. I am so happy that moms can come in---cloth diapering or not--and feel totally accepted. I love that when they walk through our doors they can find individuals who care about them more than they want to get their money. And I'm super stoked that I get to be a part of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment