Saturday, July 7, 2012

Couch Dwellin'

Hey peeps! Or....peep....whatever. HI!

I have been a little busier than I had imagined the last time I posted...orchestra gigs....camps....MU summer welcomes....eating....



I really tried to not eat the whole thing...but it was the best cheese-free/gluten-free pizza I have ever had the pleasure of devouring. YUM. Even though I've started my second trimester, I still get those insane waves of nausiousohmygoshputsomethingwithcarbsinmymouth. Veteran moms, I'm sure you know the feeling!

Though I've been procrastinating a tad, I've started a few projects to help me start preparing to connect with our little one.

The first one is a baby book of sorts, only it is just a little journal I can write in every day. I've been filling it with scripture, prayers, notes, encouragements, etc... It's been really good for me to channel more of my "baby obsessed" emotions into something a little more productive than stuffing my face with pizza, watching backtoback episodes of A Baby Story, and poring over all of the ridiculous posts on mommy message boards. :)

Another little thing I've started is an embroidery project to put scripture around what will become the baby's room. I know that it's a little early to start decorating, but I will hit the ground running with school in a little over a month, and I know there won't be time to do ANYthing. AND, my sewing machine is going to be in the shop for two weeks...so I HAVE to start doing something, people!

Anyway, I really wanted to stitch little samples of Psalm 139 to hang in pieces...either in large painted embroidery hoops or frames. I haven't decided which. Getting started was a little rough, but I'm getting the hang of it, thankfully:)

First, I just entered the text with a cute font into Word, printed it out, and taped it to a sunny window.  After cutting a square from a bird's eye flat and taping it over the printout, I carefully traced the words with a fine tipped sharpie.



Leaving me with this--and I haven't the faintest clue why I can't get the picture to be right side up. My head hurts too bad to mess with it...so you'll have to use your own inventive imagination.



The current state of the project has been sitting on my coffee table for a few days until I get the gumption to continue working on it. I almost have the first line stitched. Too many baby shows on TV for me to stay focused!!

The marker lines are a bit dark and thick to cover up with the thread I have, so next time I will probably just use a light pen or pencil. I think this one will look okay from a distance, but I'm definitely working toward an improvement next time.

No belly pics this time...though it is definitely a larger bloat since the last time I posted! My OB even gave me a curt little lecture about eating more veggies so I won't gain weight so fast...and I'm currently looking for a new OB!! :) As long as I'm healthy and happy, I really don't think comments like that are necessary. The only reason I gained 6 lbs. is because unlike a lot of women, I had the (amazing) blessing of being able to keep all my food down. And I'm really hungry!!

Ok, that's enough for this time...happy 100-degree July weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment